Thursday, October 17, 2013

Heartfelt prayers to Our Lady will never go unanswered


My parents were educated at Saint Cecilia's School in Leominster.  So when I heard that the bodily remains of a St. Cecilia's boy, Norman Dufresne, killed during the Korean War, were finally being returned to Leominster, I gave thanks to Our Lady for her maternal intercession.  You see, Norman's mother (often in tears waiting by the window for her boy to come home) and his father both prayed the Rosary every day for their son's return home.

Of course, his soul had already returned home some 63 years ago.

Norman and his parents have been reunited somewhere in the sunlit hills of Heaven.

No prayer to the Virgin is ever unanswered.  Even if they are not answered when we expect or in the manner we expect.  I prayed for my father to return home when he was in the intensive care unit at Saint Vincent's Hospital.  And so he did.  On September 19, 2000, on the anniversary of Our Lady of La Salette, the Mother of God, came to my father's hospital room to take her child home.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

No comments:

Site Meter